Musaka me Patate
For 4 people.
- Wash and slice potatoes into rounds 5 – 7 mm thick.
- Cut onions into half circle shapes.
- Fry with oil on low heat being careful not to burn, until they are soft.
- Add peeled and cubed tomatoes and continue cooking until most of the liquid is gone.
- Season with add salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- In a greased pan make a layer of potato, then a layer using half the onions over them, then another layer of potatoes and then the rest of the vegetables.
- Then cover with a final layer of potato.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then mix in the flour and cook for a few minutes, being careful not to burn the mixture.
- Add the milk and keep stirring until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool down a bit , then mix with beaten egg.
- Pour this mixture over the moussaka, add a bit of butter and the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.