Mussels Vinaigrette   is a nice light summer meal.
- 1 kg fresh mussels, cleaned
- 25 ml water
- 25 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- small handful of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- few tiny thyme sprigs
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Over high heat, warm frying pan.
- Pan should almost smoke, before adding the mussels.
- Include the water and cover with a tight lid.
- Cook for ~2 min.
- Mussels should open.
- Throw out mussels that have not opened.
- Include extra virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve straight away, bowls should be warm (optional)
- ↑ Hart, Sam, Eddie (2006). Modern Spanish Cooking. Quadrille Publishing Ltd Alhambra House. pp. 69.
- ↑ Hoffman, Susanna (2004). The olive and the caper. Workman Publishing. ISBN 0-7611-3468-9.