Never Fail Fudge
This candy is very rich and very good! Since this candy is so rich, you may want to cut into very small squares.
- Dessert Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 (16-ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- dash salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil.
- Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the milk over low heat.
- Add salt.
- When all is melted, remove from the heat and stir in the pecans and vanilla.
- Pour in lined pan and refrigerate until firm.
- When ready to serve, invert pan, peel off aluminum and cut into squares.