New England Clam Chowder I
Live in Florida but born and raised in Maine: Nothing better than a hot steaming bowl of chowda' From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 1 quart steamed clams
- ¼ lb butter
- 1 onion
- 2 cups milk
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter, add onion and cook until tender but not brown.
- Add potatoes and just enough water to cook potatoes.
- When potatoes are tender add parsley, salt and pepper.
- Then add clams with their juice.
- Just before serving add 2 cups of milk and heat but do not boil.
- Makes enough for 4 large bowls of clam chowder.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley on top.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group