Nigerian Groundnut Stew I
Makes 6 servings. Nigerians would more traditionally start by grinding peanuts rather than using peanut butter.
- 2 lbs boneless lamb stew meat
- 3 onions, sliced
- 3½ cups water
- 1½ tsp salt
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered
- 3 chili peppers
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 3 – 4 cups hot rice
- 3 hard cooked eggs
- Put first 3 ingredients and 3 cups water in a sauce pan; bring to a boil and then simmer, covered, until almost tender, about 1 hour.
- Combine tomatoes, peppers, and ½ cup water.
- Bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix the peanut butter, tomato mix, and the bouillon. Add to meat.
- Simmer until tender.
- To serve: Put a helping of rice in each soup plate. Put an egg in center of rice and cover with stew.