- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds of greens (collards, kale, mustard greens, swiss chard, or similar); shredded, drained
- 1 cup water, or chicken broth or chicken stock
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Sauté onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add cayenne pepper and reduce heat.
- Add greens to pot.
- Cook over medium heat for several minutes with the pot covered.
- Add water or broth.
- Cook over low heat until greens are tender.
- Season to taste.
- Serve hot.