Noodles and Tofu
- Soak dried tofu slices in hot water for 15 minutes.
- When softened, cut into 1" squares, drain, and pat dry.
- Cook the wheat noodles in boiling water until al dente, a little firm.
- Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat, and deep-fry the tofu cubes until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and drain.
- Next deep-fry the squares of dried tofu until golden brown and slightly blistered; remove and drain.
- Heat sesame oil in another wok on full heat; saute the minced ginger for 1 minute.
- Add the asafoeitda and choy sum and stir fry until soft.
- Add the soy sauce, sambal oelek, lemon juice, tofu noodles.
- Stir fry for another 2 minutes or until the noodles are hot.
- Serve immediately.