Onion and Egg Patties
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, cut into 8 equal pieces
- 2 egg, boiled and cut into quarters
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- salt, to taste
- ½ tbsp cooking oil
- Heat oil in a frying pan and saute cumin seeds, coriander seeds and sliced onions till transparent and slightly browned.
- Add salt, curry powder and red chili powder, stirring constantly to blend in the spices well. Cook for another minute or two, sprinkle with coriander leaves, and set aside to cool.
- Take a piece of puff pastry and place a quarted of the hard-boiled egg in the centre. Top with cooled Onion mixture and fold, sealing the ends of the pastry sheet. Continue for all eight pieces.
- Bake in a 350 °F oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or till puff pastry starts to turn golden. Served hot with ketchup or chutney.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com