Open-face Turkey Sandwiches
- Submitted by: dlife
- Source: dLife original recipe
- Makes 4 Servings
- 4 slices rye-pumpernickel swirl, rye, or pumpernickel bread
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon light tub margarine
- 4 leaves Bibb lettuce
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey breast, cooked without salt, skin and all visible fat discarded
- ½ small green bell pepper, cut into 4 thin rings
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Italian plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
- Separate each slice of bread, and spread each slice with margarine.
- On each slice of bread, put each of the remaining ingredients in the order listed.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cheese over each sandwich.
- Add pickled cucumbers for an added taste.
- Calories: 183 | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 21g | Total Fat: 2.5g | Saturated: 1g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Fiber: 2g | Sodium: 323mg
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/