Makes 10 servings
- 2 11-ounce cans mandarin orange segments (drain; reserve syrup)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped or one 1.4-ounce package whipped topping mix, prepared
- Combine syrup from orange segments, orange juice and enough water to make 2 cups.
- Add orange peel, rice and Sugar. Cook over medium heat until rice is thick and creamy, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in orange liqueur and vanilla.
- Chill until mixture begins to set. Stir in 1 cup whipped cream and half of the orange segments.
- Spoon into serving dishes; top with remaining 1 cup whipped cream and orange segments.