Whip up this frothy cooler in minutes — it tastes like an old-fashioned Creamsicle. For best results, start with ice-cold soy milk and use freshly squeezed orange juice. Creamy, custard-like silken tofu adds extra body. For additional calcium, use calcium-fortified orange juice.
- Source: www20.mayoclinicembodyhealth.com
- Serves 4
- 1½ cups orange juice, chilled
- 1 cup light vanilla soy milk, chilled
- ⅓ cup silken or soft tofu
- 1 tbsp dark honey
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 ice cubes
- 4 peeled orange segments
- In a blender, combine the orange juice, soy milk, tofu, honey, orange zest, vanilla and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth and frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into tall, chilled glasses and garnish each glass with an orange segment.
- 105 Calories | 0mg Cholesterol | 3g Protein | 18mg Sodium | 20g Carbs | 1g Fiber | 1g Total fat | 249mg Potassium | <1g Saturated fat | 109mg Calcium | <1g Monounsaturated fat
- Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid Servings: 1 fruits | 1 protein and dairy
- Diabetes Meal Plan Exchanges: 1 fruits | ½ milk and milk products
- DASH Eating Plan Servings: 1 Fruits
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/