Orange Ham Kabobs
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Keller Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1994. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 1½ pound fully cooked ham cut into 24 cubes
- 2 medium oranges peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 large green pepper cut into 16 pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper cut into 16 pieces
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- On eight metal skewers alternately thread three ham cubes, two orange pieces, two green pepper pieces and two red pepper pieces.
- Place on a broiler pan with rack and broil 5 inches from heat for 8 minutes turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl combine orange juice, tomato paste and ginger and mix well.
- Brush half over kabobs then broil 3 minutes.
- Turn kabobs and brush with the remaining sauce then broil 2 minutes more.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group