Orta De Pasa
- Combine 1/2 cup Sugar, water and cornstarch, mix well and cook over low heat until mixture thickens ... about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add Raisins, pecans and set aside.
- Beat butter until soft, add remaining Sugar and brown sugar. Beat until smooth. Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Add to butter mixture along with milk and vanilla. Beat until a smooth batter forms.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spoon half of batter into greased 8 inch square pan. Spread raisin-pecan mixture over the batter and cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 40 minutes or until cake test comes out clean.