Paneer Shimla Mirch
Cottage cheese with peppers
- 400 gms of paneer (cottage cheese), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- fresh chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil and add cumn seeds. Once it starts to sizzle, add chopped green chillies and sliced onions.
- Fry till onions start to brown and then add ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes tenderize and start to pulp, and add in coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook for a minute or two till spices blend in. Add tomato paste and salt and cook for a few minutes till sauce thickens.
- Add water and let it come to a boil. Add paneer chunks and bell pepper and cover cook for 6-7 minutes till paneer is done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot over rice or rotis.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com