Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes 4 cups.
- 2 ripe papayas (about 1 pound each)
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon seeded, finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
- finely grated zest of 2 limes
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- Peel and seed the papaya and cut it into ¼-inch dice.
- Place in a medium-size bowl.
- Gently fold the tomatoes, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro and lime zest into the papaya.
- Toss in the lime juice.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use, no longer than 4 hours.