Passover Carrot Candy
- Peel and grate ginger root.
- Combine carrots, ginger root and sugar in sauce pan.
- Heat slowly until runny.
- Increase heat to medium-high remembering to stir.
- When mixture starts becoming very thick and foamy, stir constantly or mixture will burn.
- Somewhere between a hard ball and crack, stir in almonds and then quickly pour onto a damp chopping board or marble top.
- Spread approximately 11 x 11 inches.
- Cool 10 minutes and then cut into 1 -> 1 ½ inch squares separate each piece and roll in powdered sugar.
- For added zip, use a mixture of ½ tsp powdered ginger to 4 tbsp of powdered sugar.