Passover Chocolate Sponge Cake
- 12 eggs, separated
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cold water
- juice and grated rind of 1 orange
- ½ lbs sweet chocolate, grated
- ¾ cup matzo cake flour
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy (about 7 minutes).
- Add cold water, orange juice, orange rind, chocolate and cake flour.
- Gently fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a 10-inch tube pan with removable insert.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until cake springs back when gently pressed.
- Cool completely, inverted on cake rack, before removing from pan.