Pepper Steak with Rice
Makes 6 servings
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 pound lean Beef round Steak, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, cut into eighths
- While rice is cooking, pound Steak to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 1/4-inch wide strips. Sprinkle meat with paprika and allow to stand while preparing other ingredients.
- Using large skillet, brown meat in butter. Add garlic and broth. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in onions and green peppers. Cover and cook 5 minutes more.
- Blend cornstarch, water, and soy sauce. Stir into meat mixture. Cook, stirring, until clear and thickened, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir gently. Serve over fluffy rice.