Chili made with bell-peppers, served over white rice.
- 3-3½ pounds ground beef
- 6-8 onions
- 2-3 Bell peppers
- Chili powder
- Garlic salt
- 1 can kidney beans (about 2 cups)
- 2 cans pureed crushed tomatoes (about 32 oz per can)
- White rice
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Chop onions and peppers coarsely.
- Defrost beef. Put it in a large pot.
- Fry on medium only the beef turns brown. Drain grease
- Add peppers and onions to the pot.
- Fry until the onions are transparent. Drain grease if necessary.
- Add crushed tomatoes. Simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally
- Add kidney beans. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes
- Add chili powder and garlic salt to taste.
- Serve over white rice. Optionally, top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Chili con carne 1.jpg
Chili con carne 2.jpg
Chili con carne 3.jpg
Chili con carne 4.jpg
Chili con carne 5.jpg
Chili con carne 6.jpg
Chili con carne 7.jpg