- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 cups (16 oz) 4% small curd cottage cheese, drained and patted dry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 medium brown mushrooms, sliced (to garnish)
- 1 cube of chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Make the dough by combining all of the Dough ingredients (listed above), slowly, kneading each additional ingredient.
- Continue to knead until dough has acheived a firm and elastic consistency.
- Cover in a bowl and leave for ~10 min.
- Make filling by combinine all ingredients (listed above) by mixing.
- Take dough, divide into 3 portions.
- Flour a flat surface.
- Roll dough on the floured surface into ~1/8" thick cylinder shape.
- Slice into ~3" rounds using a cutter.
- Place a spoon of cheese filling into the centers.
- Fold and press edges to seal the filling in each one.
- Do this for all 3 parts of the dough.
- Simmer a pan with chicken bouillon and include 1 tsp oil.
- Drop in pierogi (~4 at a time).
- Let sit in simmering pot for ~15 min each, all the while stirring.
- To remove use slotted spoon.
- Drain well and place into dish.
- Repeat step 13 until all of the pierogi are cooked.
- Make the sauce, saute onions, sliced brown mushroom and butter to achieve a golden colour.
- Pour sauce over pierogi and garnish with sliced brown mushrooms along the top of the heap of pierogi.