| Cuisine of Italy | Pizza
||4-6 (2 medium pizzas: 8 slices each)
- Pizza dough
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in one cup or warm water.
- Mix 3 cups of flour, olive oil, one tsp of salt and water & yeast mix.
- Knead for 15 minutes, adding more flour until dough gets "non-sticky".
- Cover dough with little oil (1 tsp) and place it into a large bowl. Let rest 45 minutes until the dough is twice its original size, covering bowl with plastic wrap.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven at 350°F / 175°C (at least 30 minutes).
- Hit / knead dough in order to eliminate air bubbles.
- Cut dough into two pieces (you can freeze dough to bake later - up to a month).
- Roll out dough to form a rounded pizza crust.
- Add pizza sauce (½ can per pizza), and sprinkle onion, red pepper, salt, oregano and black pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, add mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and mushrooms.
- Take back to the oven and bake until cheese melts.
- Cut into eight slices, and enjoy!!!
- Water must be warm in order to activate yeast, but not boiling. Boiling water will spoil yeast.
- You can replace ¼ of water cup with milk, white or red wine.
- You can also replace sugar with 1 tbsp of honey.
- If you like a stronger cheese flavor, you can add on top of ingredients, little chunks of blue cheese.
- Never wash the mushrooms with water, in order to make pizza. Mushrooms are like sponges, and will lose unwanted water to your pizza. You can clean it with dry paper towels.
- You can try different toppings to basic pizza dough, and even add cheese borders. To do so, you should roll out pizza into a larger size, adding cheese one inch from the border, and little pizza sauce. Roll dough over the cheese and press firmly to close.