Nice, simple Turkish flat bread, Serbian-style. (Prep. time does not include rising time)
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1½ packages dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 3½ cups flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add sugar oil and egg.
- Gradually stir in flour until combined and soft dough forms.
- Knead in bowl for 1 minute.
- Place dough in greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled.
- Roll on floured board into large, slightly flattened circle.
- Prick with fork all over.
- Brush top with oil or butter and let sit 20 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.