Pollo Rancho Luna
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 x 4 ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons commercial mojo marinade 
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- lime wedges, optional
- Combine chicken and mojo in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Combine onion and parsley in a small bowl.
- Remove chicken from bag; pat dry.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Drizzle each breast with 1 teaspoon lime juice; top each serving with 2 tablespoons onion mixture.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/
- Mojo is a citrus-based sauce associated with Cuban cuisine, but variations are found throughout South America and the Caribbean. Mojo also can include herbs, garlic, onions, salt, cumin, red pepper and olive oil. A mojo marinade is a thicker form, typically made with grapefruit and orange juices and vinegar. Goya is among the makers of commercial mojo marinades.
- Calories 149 | Fat 2.6g | Carbs 3.2g | Sodium 279mg | Fiber .7g