- 1½ lbs ground nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1½ to 2 cups sugar (sweeten to taste)
- sufficient milk to make a spreadable paste
- Mix the nut meal and add sufficient milk to make a spreadable paste.
- Dissolve yeast in water and add sugar.
- Heat the milk and the butter together until melted.
- When mixture is cool, add yeast and beaten eggs; mix well.
- Pour this mixture into flour and remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate dough overnight.
- Divide dough into 5 equal parts.
- Roll on floured board.
- Spread with nut mixture.
- Then roll like jelly roll.
- Brush with egg whites.
- Bake at 350°F for ½ hour on lightly greased cookie sheet.