From Recidemia English
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup apricot jam or preserves
- 2 jalapenos, sliced into rings and seeded
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- Place 2 large sheets of aluminum foil on a work surface, one atop the other.
- Place the pork in the center of the foil and season on all sides with the salt, pepper, and cumin. Spoon the jam over the pork, turning to coat.
- Scatter the jalapeños and onion around the pork. Fold the double layer of foil around the pork and crimp the edges to seal tightly.
- Place in a baking dish. Roast until fork-tender, about 4 hours; let cool.
- Unwrap the pork, reserving the juices and discarding the foil. Use a fork to shred the pork. Transfer to a bowl. Pour the cooking juices, onion, and jalapeños over the pork and toss.
- Serve with the tortillas, cilantro, and lime wedges.