Portugese Pork Chop Suey
Purchased from the Parnell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988. Dated 1942
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds boneless pork steak cut into small pieces
- 1 pound Portuguese (kluski) noodles
- 1 pound can sauerkraut
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 soup can water
- 16 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Brown meat then add diced celery and onions.
- Cook until meat is tender.
- Cook noodles, drain.
- Add noodles, sauerkraut and other ingredients to meat.
- Bake 2 hours in 300°F degree oven.