Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 linguica sausage, about 6 ounces, cut on ¼-inch dice
- ¾ cup raw long-grain white rice
- 1½ cups water
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Sauté diced sausage in a heavy saucepan until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add rice, stirring well to coat grains.
- Add water and salt, and bring a boil.
- Lower heat, cover pan, and simmer for 19 minutes, or until grains are soft and water has evaporated.
- Stir in cilantro.