Potato Lefse I
Potet Lefse. 6 servings.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 2 T butter
- ¼ cup (½ dl) heavy cream
- ½ tsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2½ dl) flour, or more
- Boil the potatoes without peeling, peel and mash while still warm and put into ricer.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Mix in ½ cup flour.
- Divide into 15-16 balls if you want dinner-plate size.
- Using a grooved rolling pin with sock, and pastry canvas, roll each ball out.
- Use flour, and keep balance of dough in the refrigerator.
- Bake each lefse on medium to hot griddle.