Provençal Lentil Salad
You can serve this tasty salad right away, but it gets better with time. Make it a day before you plan to serve it.
- Source: Vegetarian Times, January 1, 2002 p.36
- Makes: 4 servings
- ½ cup lentils, picked over, rinsed and drained
- ½ onion, halved
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage
- Bring large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add lentils, onion quarters, garlic and bay leaf.
- Cook until lentils are just tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Discard onion, garlic and bay leaf.
- Transfer lentils to medium bowl and toss with bell pepper, red onion, parsley, oil, vinegar, sage, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- 128 Calories | 8g Protein | 3g Total fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 125mg Sodium | 20g Carbs | 9g Fiber | 0g Sugars
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/