Prune Coconut Bars
- 2 cups prunes, chopped and pitted
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup coconut, flaked or shredded
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Cook the prunes, orange rind, and water in a saucepan until the mixture is soft and smooth.
- Meanwhile, combine the oats, flour, wheat germ, coconut, and oil in a bowl.
- Stir to blend.
- Press half the mixture in the bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Pour the prune mixture on top and spread evenly.
- Top with the remaining oat mixture and press evenly over the top.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan before cutting into bars.
1/16 recipe - 141 calories, 1 bread, 1 ½ fat exchange 16 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams protein, 8 grams fat 17 mg sodium, 145 mg potassium, 0 cholesterol