Quindão de Yayá
- Heat 1/2 gallon of water on top of stove and preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using a whisk beat the whole eggs lightly.
- Add the yolks, beating until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Add the Sugar, the coconut and mix everything very well.
- Add melted butter and mix.
- Coat a mold with butter and sprinkle with Sugar.
- Shake to remove excess.
- Place the raisins around the bottom of the mold very carefully and pour in the mixture slowly.
- Place the mold in the center of a roasting pan and pour the hot water around it carefully so you don't spill water inside the mold.
- Bake the quindim in this bain-marie for one hour.
- Insert a toothpick into quindim it should come out dry.
- Allow quindim to cool and unmold it on a serving dish.
- Decorate with tropical flowers and sprigs of mint.