Rabbit in Peanut Sauce
This recipe is for 4 serves.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2½ pound rabbit, cut into serving pieces
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, finely ground
- salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1½ cups dry white wine
- Heat the oil in a heavy casserole and stir in the paprika, taking care not to let it burn.
- Add the rabbit pieces and sauté lightly.
- Lift out and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic to the casserole and saute until the onions are softened.
- Return the rabbit pieces to the casserole.
- Add all the other ingredients, mix well, cover, and simmer until the rabbit is tender, about 1½ hours.
- Serve with rice and a salad.