Makes 6 servings
- 1 8-ounce carton egg substitute*
- 2/3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups fresh fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or other favorite fruit)
- Low-Sugar fruit spread (optional)
- Light sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar for garnish (optional)
- Combine egg substitute, milk and margarine in small bowl. Stir in flour and Sugar until smooth and well blended. Stir in rice; let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat 8-inch nonstick skillet or crepe pan; coat with cooking spray. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into pan. Lift pan off heat; quickly tilt pan in rotating motion so that bottom of pan is completely covered with batter. Place pan back on heat and continue cooking until surface is dry, about 45 seconds. Turn crepe over and cook 15 to 20 seconds; set aside. Continue with remaining crepe batter.
- Place wax paper between crepes. Spread each crepe with your favorite filling: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, fruit spread, or sour cream. Roll up and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar for garnish.