Rice and Cherries Jubilee
Makes 8 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1-1/4-ounce envelope prepared whipped topping mix
- 1/4 cup port wine or fruit juice
- 1 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
- Combine rice, milk, Sugar and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Soften gelatin in water; stir into rice mixture. Add extract; mix well. Cool.
- Fold in whipped topping. Turn into 5-cup mold. Chill until set.
- To serve, unmold onto serving dish. Cut mold into wedges and serve with cherry sauce.
- To make sauce, combine wine and pie filling.