Rolled Cake with Marmalade or Preserves
In Romanian: Rulada cu marmelada sau dulceata
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- vanilla or grated lemon peel
- marmalade or preserves
- butter and flour to grease and dust the pan
- confectioner's sugar
- Beat the yolks with the sugar and vanilla, add the whipped egg whites, gently fold them in, gradually add the flour (like a rain).
- Pour the mixture uniformly into a greased and dusted rectangular pan and bake at medium heat.
- Test with the wooden pick to see when it is done.
- When ready, turn onto a wooden cutting board covered with a soaked and squeezed cloth.
- Quickly spread marmalade or preserves on the dough, roll tightly and leave it wrapped in the wet cloth for several minutes.
- Then wrap the roll in a dry cloth and leave it for 2 – 3 hours.
- Then remove the wrap, place the cake onto a long platter, sprinkle it with confectioner's sugar and cut into finger thick slices.