Lasagna. Ahhh, a classic meaty cheesy mess. But it doesn't always have to be - This recipe however is one of my favorites & not that cheesy Italian restaurant cliche'. The key is to use fresh pasta in this recipe - for a lasagna that is light & delicate. If possible use your own tomatoes, we use jarred tomatoes from the garden - you just can't get that kinda flavor from a store bought jar.
- In your casserole dish ladle a little of the ragu.
- In plenty of boiling salted water, cook your pasta until a bit further than al dente. Cook only 1 -2 sheets at a time (otherwise they will stick & it will be a mess)
- Lay down the sheet of pasta in your dish, ok if it comes up over the edge of the dish (that will make for the good crunch bits!)
- Add a ladle of ragu - cover completely but don’t over do it - less is more.
- Dot bechamel.
- Now a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
- Repeat these steps ending with sauce on the top layer of the pasta
- Bake at 375 °F / 190 °C oven for 15-20 minutes until the top is brown & bubbly!