Sally's Ladies Casserole (Though the men like it, too!)
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 2 onions, finely cut
- 20 oz can tomato soup 
- 3 oz pkg. cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1½ tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ lb wide noodles
- ½ lb mushrooms
- ½ cup crushed cornflakes
- Cook beef and pork and onions in 2 tbsp butter until golden brown.
- Add tomato soup, crumbled cream cheese, sugar, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 to 10 minutes until thick.
- Have noodles ready cooked and in a large greased casserole.
- Pour meat mixture over noodles.
- Brown mushrooms in 1 tbsp butter and spread on top.
- Sprinkle crushed cornflakes on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minute.
- Five or ten minutes before serving, sprinkle chopped almonds over the top and let them toast slightly.
- ↑ I don't know if the tomato soup called for in this recipe is condensed or diluted. I'd probably guess condensed.