Salmon Carpaccio is an Icelandic appetizer
- 200 g (8 oz) salmon
- Skin the salmon fillet and remove the bones and fat layer.
- Roll salmon fillet up tightly, wrap it in film and freeze.
- Remove the film 30 minutes before using the salmon.
- Cut into very thin slices with an electric knife and place it on 4 large plates.
- Make the dressing and sprinkle over salmon.
- Let stand in a cool place for 5–10 minutes, decorate with a small bunch of lollo rosso salad moisten with a little of balsamic vinegar and drizzle with freshly grounded rose pepper.
- Serve with Melba toast.