Salt and Pepper Shrimp
This quick to prepare shrimp taste even better than they look.
- 1 lb large shrimp in their shells (25)
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- break the shell of the shrimp but leave in place , remove the legs and sharp points of the shell and wash thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in the skillet to 400 °F. Deep-fry shrimp for 1 to 1½ minutes until shell begins to boil.
- Bask the shrimp in a mixture of salt, pepper, and five-spice powder.
- Add the shrimp back into the skillet for another 30 seconds to a minute , and serve.