- 5 cups all purpose plain flour
- 1 ½ cups lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup oil
- 10 oz ground meat
- 1 tbsp shortening or butter
- ¼ cup fried pine nuts
- a dash of ground allspice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup of chopped onion (optional)
- Prepare Basic Dough .
- Cover and leave aside for 1 hour.
- Fry meat in shortening, add salt, spices and pine nuts.
- Stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Put aside.
- Divide dough into walnut-size balls.
- Roll out to form circles (8 cm diameter).
- Fill circles with meat.
- Following this way: put filling on one side of circle. Fold over one end to make semi-circles. Press edges with fingers.
- Fry in 1 cup of vegetable oil over medium heat. Brown both sides.
- Serve hot.