Makes 4 servings.
- ½ cup chopped walnut meats
- 1¼ cup water
- ¼ cup rice
- 2 cup chopped Swiss chard leaves, packed
- 1½ tbsp flour
- 3 cup yogurt
- 3 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, chopped
- In large pan, add walnuts to water, bring to boil and simmer until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice, cover and simmer until done, about 15 minutes.
- In medium pan, cook chard in 2 cups water until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Drain well.
- In small bowl, stir flour into yogurt until smooth.
- Stir into rice, bring slowly to boil, stirring constantly, and cook, continuing to stir, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Add yogurt and cooked chard to rice.
- Stir in cilantro and mint.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Each serving contains about 382 calories; 249 milligrams sodium; 3 milligrams cholesterol; 10 grams fat; 57 grams carbohydrates; 16 grams protein; 1.08 grams fiber