Sautéed Tofu and Chard Sandwich
- firm/extra-firm (organic calcium enriched)
- handful of FRESH chard mix ( I use Trader Joes packaged mix)
- red onion
- 2 slices, vegan sprouted grain bread
- vegan mayo (Veganaise is the best!)
- organic vegan Dijon mustard
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- herbes de Provence seasoning
- granulated garlic seasoning
- olive oil
- sea salt
1. In a small saucepan heat about 1/4 cup olive oil (or more so that it will not stick).
2. Slice off two pieces of tofu, (vertically so that they are not as wide) and add to pan. Coat both sides in olive oil so that they don't stick.
3. Top tofu with herbes de Provence (I don't measure, so roughly a tablespoon), sprinkle with granulated garlic and sea salt. Cook on both sides until the edges are golden and slightly crispy. Spooning herb mixture over tofu as needed. **Sautee at a medium heat, reducing temp if smoke occurs and smoke alarm goes off.
3. Meanwhile, toast bread, slice up avocado and thinly slice red onion.
4. Once the bread has toasted, spread on the mayo, the mustard; lay down the 1 half of an avocado and red onion; set aside.
5. Once tofu has reached desired crispiness, set on top of the avocado; set aside.
6. In the same saucepan, add a bit more olive oil and saute a handful of fresh chard mix until soft. Pile it on top of the tofu and top with other slice of toasted bread.