Seafood-stuffed Italian Mushrooms
This recipe came from an estate sale. It was obtained when the family collection was purchased from the Burnett Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1981.
- 24 large mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup butter
- 8 ounces frozen crab legs, thawed
- ⅓ cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Clean mushrooms then remove stems and chop 1 cup of them and set aside.
- Dip mushroom caps in melted butter and place top down in a shallow casserole dish.
- Sauté onion in butter.
- Add chopped crab legs and chopped mushroom stems.
- Cook slowly a few minutes until mixture is tender
- Stir in bread crumbs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Fill mushroom caps with seafood mixture
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 °F for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.