Shiitake Pot Stickers with Sesame Dipping Sauce
- Place dried mushrooms in medium-sized bowl and cover with 2 cups boiling water. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes, or until softened. Drain and discard liquid.
- Mince mushrooms.
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook ginger for about 30 seconds, add mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add leeks, scallions, water chestnuts, tamari soy sauce and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Mince tofu in food processor. Add to mushroom mixture. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and dust with cornstarch.
- To assemble, place wrapper on work surface; keep unused wrappers under plastic wrap. Put 2 to 3 tablespoons filling in middle. Moisten edges of wrapper with water. Fold wrapper in half over filling, pinching shut at center.
- Starting on right side of sealed edge and working towards midpoint, pinch small pleats in wrapper edges.
- Repeat from left side. Put pot sticker on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Dust each pot sticker with cornstarch.
- Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Arrange 8 pot stickers, pleat side up, in skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or dark golden brown and crispy. Adjust heat.
- Wipe pan out with paper toweling and repeat.
- Serve immediately or place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, and cover loosely with foil.
- Keep pot stickers warm in 200 °F oven.
- Serve with Sesame Dipping Sauce.