Shish Kabab Mishwi
Grilled Shish Kabab
- 64 oz cubed lamb meat (5 cm)
- 6 small firm red tomatoes sliced
- 16 oz lard, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 7 small onions, peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped into medium pieces
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- Mix meat with onion, spices, salt, lard, parsley, and oil.
- Place in refrigerator for 4 hours tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile prepare charcoal.
- Thread meat, onion, tomatoes, bell peppers onto skewers, alternating the ingredients.
- Grill over hot coals.
- Turning several times until tender and browned, about 8 minutes.
- Serve hot with salads and appetizers.
If you use bamboo skewers, soak in water for 1 hour before using to keep the exposed portions from burning.