From Recidemia English
- Squeeze limes and pour juice into a glass bowl or pan (no metal!!)
- Chop shrimp into about 4 – 5 pieces depending on what size you bought
- Add shrimp, onions, red pepper, jalapenos, and parsley and/or cilantro to bowl.
- Let this mixture sit on kitchen counter for up to 2 hours. Then refrigerate. This is done when the shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Before serving, taste for hotness. If not hot enough for you, add a few drops of pepper Sauce.
- Serve with Saltine Crackers.
- Corvina Seviche is made the same way. Amount would be 6 – 8 fillets, skinned and cut into small pieces. You can substitute the type of (corvina...keep wishing): it should be a firm white , such as red snapper.
- The amount of limes is going to depend on how juicy they are. You want the juice to cover the shrimp. Also, for the faint-hearted that don't want this hot—cut peppers into long strips. Keep tasting the lime juice as the shrimp marinate. When it tastes hot enough for you, take out the pepper strips.