Shrimp and Grape Salad
Plump shrimp and sweet grapes in a light vinegar and mayonnaise dressing lend just the right touch of casual refinement to a backyard al fresco meal or upscale picnic outing. Serve with chilled sliced tomatoes, white sparkling wine and crusty bread with butter.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled with veins removed
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- sea salt to taste
- ¾ cup celery, minced
- ¼ cup fresh chives, minced
- 1 cup green, seedless grapes, halved
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon high heat sunflower or safflower oil (or any light-flavored, expeller-pressed oil)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp, garlic powder and salt.
- Sauté until shrimp are just pink and cooked through.
- Transfer shrimp and pan juices to a bowl.
- Refrigerate just until cooled.
- Add celery, chives and grapes to shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, mayonnaise, agave nectar and salt to taste.
- Toss into shrimp.
- Before serving grind fresh black peppercorns over the top.
Per serving (155g-wt.):
- 190 calories (80 from fat) | 9g total fat | 1.5g saturated fat | 19g protein | 8g total carbohydrate (less than 1g dietary fiber, 5g sugar) | 140mg cholesterol | 280mg sodium
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/