Shrimp in Fennel-Pernod Sauce
Mmmm this shrimp recipe is one of the best appetizer you can make/order for yourself ! All i can say is get started ! Only basic cooking skills required ! Enjoy
- 500 g shrimp (shell on)
- 15 ml butter
- 10 fennel seeds
- 1 shallot, minced
- 125 ml white wine
- 50 ml Pernod
- salt and pepper
- 125 ml heavy cream
- Melt butter in non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add fennel seeds and shallot and sauté until shallot is translucent.
- Add wine, Pernod and shrimp and simmer just until shrimp turn pink.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, add cream, and simmer until sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve as appetizer or, accompanied by rice, as a main course.