- Soak 1 tbsp of each mustard seeds and poppy seeds in warm water.
- Cut plantain, radish, potato and eggplant lengthwise (about 2" long).
- Heat ¼ cup of oil in a wok.
- Fry the eggplant pieces, set aside.
- Fry the bittergourd slices, and set aside.
- In the remaining oil, roast ½ tsp each of fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds start to pop, add to it the plantain, radish(mulo), and potato and stir fry in medium heat.
- As you stir the vegetables, blend the soaked mustard seeds and poppy seeds and about 1" long fresh ginger root, all in a blender into a smooth paste.
- After stir frying vegetables for about 5 to 7 minutes, add the blended mixture to the vegetables and stir constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Add salt.
- Also, add the fried bittergourd slices and eggplant pieces.
- Add now to the "shukto" about ½ cup of hot water and cover wok for about 5 minutes, stirring occassionally and check if the vegetables are cooked or not.
- When vegetables are all cooked, pour on top about 1 tsp of either butter or ghee.
- Serve with rice.