From St. Peter's Italian Catholic Church) From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 6
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lb coarsely ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can Italian-style tomatoes (1 lb, 12 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 lb mostaccioli or other large pasta
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil.
- Add ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Cook until beef is crumbly and onion is tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Crush tomatoes with liquid and add to meat mixture with tomato sauce, parsley and basil.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer over low heat 1 hour.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- When ready to serve, cook mostaccioli in boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
- Toss mostaccioli with enough sauce to coat lightly.
- Serve topped with more sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese to taste.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group